The warp and weft of an upholstery fabric, pressed into sterling silver is clearly visible in these long trapezoid shape earrings. My love of textiles is evident in these and other pieces in my catalogue. I blackened them and then rubbed it back so the light gently touches the high parts.
- pressed weave drops measure 4cm in length
- polished sterling silver hoops measure 2cm in diameter
- total length measures 5½ cm
- thin and light to wear, perfect for everyday
- ready to ship
- gently wrapped in tissue paper
- packaged in a sturdy jewellery box and tied with red paper twine
When wearing hoops, gently twist the opening of the hoops to insert onto lobes. This will avoid puling the circle/hoop out of shape. Avoid wearing them to bed, as this can easily squash the hoops.
Some sterling silver pieces are blackened to bring out details in intricate designs or to create a moody, dark feel. The process changes only the surface of silver metal. It does age and wear off with time. All blackened pieces have a thin layer of wax applied to assist in maintaining and extending the life of this finish.